Educational Resources Stem Kits
Building / Engineering
- Amusement Park Experience Building Set – Building pieces, CD, Guide. The set provides students an opportunity to experience the relationship of building up to 13 ride structures while furthering their knowledge of science, math, engineering and technology. Students interact and collaborate when discussing ideas and concepts. The set supports 6-8 students working together.
- Intro to Structures: Bridges Building Set – Building Pieces, guides. The set is an introduction to bridge design, providing hands-on experiential learning, critical thinking, concepts of math, engineering, technology and science. Each of the 4 tubs supports 2-3
students working as a team to build 13 different bridge models one at a time. Recommended for grades 3-6.
- Real Bridge Building Set – Building Pieces, building instructions, 2 guides. The set is designed to assist students in gaining experimental knowledge of structural design by applying concepts of geometry, physical properties of materials, technology, engineering and construction of bridges. Set includes parts to build 7, five to six foot long bridge models, two at a time. Supports 6-8 students working as a team.
- Code and Go Mouse Mania Set – The set is designed to introduce younger students to coding. A variety of hands-on activities are included to develop problem solving skills, critical thinking, math concepts, science and technology by programming a robot mouse.
- Coding with Evo Bots Kit – Includes 12 Evo Bots, markers, educator materials, handouts, and miscellaneous accessories. Expand your students’ STEM experience by learning to code the Ozobot Evo, a 1-inch robot, using color codes or Ozoblockly visual programming.
- Robotics with Ozobots Kit – includes 10 Ozobots, markers, miscellaneous construction sets, guide. Expand your students’ STEM experience by learning to code Ozobots. Ozobots are tiny robots about an inch in height that have photo sensors that recognize patterns, lights, colors and codes.
- Cookie Jar Mystery: A Study in Forensic Science for Grades 5-8. Engage and expose students to roles of crime scene investigators through this 15-unit forensic project as they work together examining and analyzing evidence needed to solve the mystery of the broken cookie jar! Students experience crime scene analysis, scientific inquiry, deductive reasoning and more.
- Missing Money Mystery: An Introduction to Forensics for Grades 3-5. Challenge your students to solve this exciting new 12-unit mini classroom caper! Students are immersed into scientific discovery as they work to solve the mystery of stolen funds from a classroom. The kit uses real laboratory techniques and materials. Students practice critical thinking, acquire new vocabulary, explore careers in forensics, and more.
- Simple Machines Unit Box – Primary/Intermediate. Experience the world of “machines.” Unit box includes a set of gears, construction pieces and marbles that give students a hands-on experience with beginning concepts of physical science.
Other MMERC STEM Kits
- KEVA Planks Set – Students build structures by stacking planks. KEVA planks are about 1/4 inch thick, 3/4 inch wide and 4 1/2 inches long. There are no connectors. They can be stacked upright and are surprisingly stable. Building with these blocks helps children do better in math and science. Physically handling the blocks builds a fundamental understanding of quantities, equality, geometry, etc. Building also promotes creativity and teamwork. Includes educator’s manual.
Questions? Call 1-800-890-4853 or email – email@example.com