VOLUNTEERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME IN OUR PROGRAM!
Volunteering provides you with the opportunity to learn more about the program and staff. Volunteering helps the program. Head Start programs are able to get matching federal funds from services donated by other sources. The time you volunteer is valued just like a donation of money.
If you are interested in volunteering, you may contact a Recruiter & Family Advocate or the Center Manager. There are a number of ways to donate your time. You can work in a classroom or you might have a skill you would like to share. Whatever you choose to do to help will be appreciated and will bring more services to the Head Start Center.
Qualifications of a Classroom Volunteer:
- Present or past Head Start parent or member of the local community.
- Must receive volunteer training from center staff prior to volunteering and sign Volunteer Training Record.
- At least 14 years of age (with parental permission through age 17).
- Friendly, warm personality.
- Ability to work with young children.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Enjoys working with young children.
- Displays a positive attitude.
- Acceptance of and willingness to work with disabled children.
- Proof of a recent Mantoux test (for regular volunteers only).