Our program philosophy is built on the guiding principles from the Head Start Early Learning Outcome Framework.
- Each child is unique and can succeed.
- Learning occurs within the context of relationships.
- Families are children’s first and most important caregivers, teachers and advocates.
- Children learn best when they are emotionally and physically safe and secure.
- Areas of development are integrated, and children learn many concepts and skills at the same time.
- Teaching must be intentional and focused on how children learn and grow.
- Every child has diverse strengths rooted in their family’s culture, background, language and beliefs.
Some interest areas in the classroom
Dramatic play area
More interest areas
National Head Start Association
National Migrant and Seasonal Head Start Association
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Administration for Children and Families
Minnesota Department of Education